Without doing eCommerce Store marketing, you’ll only hear crickets and the sound of your head buzzing.
It’s not enough to get a great idea, a minimum viable product, or setting up a great foundation for an eCommerce store; you have to do much more.
One of those things that several entrepreneurs who start with eCommerce websites absolutely ignore. I don’t know what it is about eCommerce stores but most people think that if you set up an eCommerce store and launch it, that’s all you need to do, ever.
No one even thinks of promoting their eCommerce stores the right way.
Without putting in the power of Inbound marketing to work for your eCommerce store, you don’t have much to write home about.
Here are the quickest, strongest, and the most reliable ways to promote your eCommerce store:
eCommerce Store Marketing PPC Advertising for Fast Results
Want results fast? You should seriously consider paid ads (across channels available to). From Facebook Ads to Google Ads; from Twitter Ads to LinkedIn Ads; from Quora Ads — you have several sources available to help you run targeted campaigns.
While it might seem that doing PPC advertising for eCommerce might be easy, it’s really not.
There are a lot of moving parts with PPC advertising (regardless of the platform you choose such as Facebook, Google, Quora, or others). To ensure that your campaigns work properly, you’d have to master several aspects at once such as:
- Choosing the right kind of offers to make with your ads.
- Positioning your ads properly. After that, you’d have to design compelling ads.
- Work out platform-specific features for you to enable before your campaigns go live.
- Ensuring that you start out with the right budget, work on budget optimization, campaign optimization, and more.
- Roll out specific workflows to enable split testing (or A/B testing your ads).
- Connecting your ads to message matching landing pages and sales funnels, which leads us to…
Landing Pages; Sales Funnels (Don’t Do Ecommerce Store Marketing Without This)
You could, however, not be able to milk any of these PPC ad platforms if you don’t use landing pages and sales funnels.
Make use of tools such as Unbounce, LeadPages, Instapage, and Simvoly to build dedicated sales funnels and landing pages (built with proper upselling and cross-selling sequences) to help make the most out of your campaigns.
Ideally, your offers (on ads) should point to specifically built landing pages or sales funnels which not only match the message on your ads, but actually carry the story along and help assist with conversions as you run your campaigns.
The right kind of eCommerce funnel is the one where you use your ads to specifically build an email list by giving up something of value to your potential buyers such as a discount coupon, an offer, or by hosting a giveaway.
In exchange for your offer, your potential buyers provide you with an email address or subscribe to your Facebook Messenger sequence.
eCommerce Store Marketing With Cross-Sell & Upsells
This is also the stage where you’d want to set up opportunities for upselling and cross-selling to maximize your revenue with sales funnels and landing pages.
- If you use Unbounce , Instapage, or LeadPages as your primary tools for building landing pages and sales funnels, make use of multi-step landing pages or to use your “thank you” pages as an optimal opportunity to cross-sell or upsell.
- Using tools like Simvoly, you can automatically bring in cross-selling or upselling opportunities into your workflow.
- Tools like Webflow allow you to construct a checkout flow exactly as you like. Use the advanced features of Webflow to build out upselling and cross-selling modals to assist you in taking advantage of the power of upselling.
Best Apps for Cross-sell and Upsell On Shopify
You can certainly look for several such apps on Shopify (both paid and free)
How are the marketing efforts for your eCommerce store going?